Thursday, November 13, 2008

The princess clown


Now about the "Princess Clown" drinking tea like Alice in Wonderland at 'The Mad Hatter's Teaparty'. I went to a big community festival, about 1/2 an hour away. The group I was with had been asked to do some community games on the oval as part of free family fun. I usually dress up as a clown for these occasions and last Saturday I decided to try something a bit different and went as 'A princess Clown'. I had a pretty yellow girls dress on (that was adult size - found at a charity shop) with stripey clown sox and a silver cardboard crown.
In the photo I am wearing an orange sparkly top hat that I had bought at a garage (yard) sale that morning. These photos were taken afterwards at a friends house where we stopped and had a cup of tea on the way home. Of course I was taking to my husband and taking the picture myself with the second camera on my mobile phone which is why it is such a shocker.
During the festival I occasionally stopped and 'had a cuppa' as part of my clowning around. [one time I actually had some real tea in it] I used this same demi cup and saucer to drink tea at my friends house.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work Cathy.....but.............

    I can't help thinking that that little girls yellow dress was some creation that some bride thought would be perfect for their three best friends to wear on "her" special day. I have myself in lavender - I kid you not, one of us was pink, me lavendar and the other pale blue!!! organza puffed sleeves the works...maybe next weeks honesty post will be bridesmaid dresses I have been made to wear and pretend I love!!!!!!!LOL

    HAve a great weekend

    daisymum

    Have a great weekend Cathy i gave you an award on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete