Monday, December 15, 2008

Community Carols


Introducing "Fleur" the flower princess clown, who joined in playing community games with the children, encouraging them to 'just have fun', of course I get to have fun too, as clowning is all about getting in touch with your 'inner child' and allowing others to do the same.


was concentrating so hard on taking photo of self, forgot to smile!
Snuck a photo of the other half, when he wasn't looking
playing limbo, I was holding the rope, so got to take a photo. Mostly so involved, I don't get to take photos. Have to try and get photos from others. Maybe I could get someone to email me some. It was a good night, however we did not stay for all of the carols part as it wasn't just singing, but a whole stage production, starting at 8 after the games & sausage sizzle from 6pm, so we left about 9pm.

Last night, Sunday evening, We ended up with carols indoors as the weather turned very cold and showery. The choir was beautiful. The community got to sing 2 carols with choir, then listen to one by choir, then 2 carols, etc plus there were 2 other items during the evening. Again the evening started with a sausage sizzle and ended with a cuppa. I think I enjoyed the carols part of this event better.





8 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog, yours is the first one I read every morning. It is just 6:30 A.M. on Monday where I am located right now. I live in Northwest Arkansas, USA. I have always wanted to travel to Australia. That was a great get together you had yesterday. Blesslins to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those glasses! I am glad you all had a great time. Sounds like fun and I love sausage. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vintage Rose, thankyou for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. These photos are hilarious, love your pout. Feel free to stop by any time. Have you checked out the blog eyes of wonder? I find that so relaxing, like soaking in Gods love. Have a great time this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit mum, where'd you get the hat? I'm glad you had a ton of fun! Did dad have fun singing in the choir? I see him there! Hope you are both well and catching up on sleep before you come and pick me up at 6:30am on Sat!!! hehehe just thought I'd remind you of the lovely early morning =^.^= love you, give dad a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun and helped everyone else to as well! We're singing carols at a retirement village tonight, but there won't be any clowning (not unless we mess up, anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Your princess clown is indeed a vision of lovliness! The glasses, of course, complete the ensemble! Glad you had such a good time. It sounds like you had so much fun! Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love glasses. Looks like you had a lot of fun. That's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete